Friday, February 6, 2009

My Life

My medicine from polyclinic & CGH

These past few days, starting from 3rd February, I have an appointment at CGH in the morning & afternoon. Ibu accompanied me for one day cause the doctor needs my parents consent. Then the rest of the days mama took a day off from work. I'm on MC from Tuesday till Friday.

3rd February:

Appointment was at 8.50am.
Ibu accompanied me since she lived near the hospital.
I was shocked, scared & sad at the same time when the doctor says that it is "Discoid Lupus" on my face.
It is not a white spots, ringworm & not a fungus.
All this while we thought it was fungus and that was what the doctors in Polyclinic says.
So unprofessional. Gave me the wrong cream! *URGH!*
Back to CGH doctor, he said it will leave a scar of my face, a long term medicine & a right age to develop this.
Maybe due to genetic terms I guess. So far I don't know.
Ibu called mama on the phone & explain about my sickness.
Yet, I have to take blood & urine samples there. PAINFUL!!! *ouch*
The enrolled nurse injected both of my lower arm cause the left one not much blood. Two tubes!
If I didn't take care of myslf, it can go to the second stage called "Systemic Lupus" & the antibiotics in the body will attack against itself.
That can cause heart, lungs & kidney failure or even death!

I CAN'T PLAY IN THE SUN!!! ARGHH!!!

The following day 4th February:

Had another appointment at 3pm. Same doctor again. Mama took half day, Ayah took a day off & bibik. They accompanied me because I was so nervous & scared bout the "Excision Biopsy" . Mama ask me to pray for my own safety. *God, please help me!*

"The doctor injected onto my left side of my face so that I will feel numb, then they open up my skin to take samples of my skin tissues then they stiched back my left side of my face." (covered with the white plaster)

The doctor showed the skin tissue he took & showed me the stiches on a mirror.
It took only 15mins of the day sugery.
Doctor told mama about the blood test resuts and to my astonishment, I found out that I have "Thalassaemia Minor" due to genetics too... AND LOW BLOOD TOO! Damn it.

My mum was so sure that it must be ayah's blood. He don't want to check his blood.

1) He's scared of blood
2) Scared of the injection *haha*
3) Seen accident infront of him
4) Don't like to be admitted in ward
5) PHOBIA...

And I called him "KENTAL" Hahahaha!! I say "kental ah ayah takot I berani tau!"

FOR YOUR INFO:

The Differences between Thalassaemia Minor & Thalassaemia Major:

There are two types of thalassaemia:

(1) Thalassaemia minor (thalassaemia trait).

(2) Thalassaemia major.

A person who has inherited one thalassaemia gene is said to have thalassaemia minor (thalassaemia trait).He or she is healthy and leads a normal life. Most people with thalassaemia minor do not know that they have it. However, the affected persons can pass on the abnormal gene to their children.

Thalassaemia major is a severe form of anaemia. The affected person has inherited two thalassaemia genes, one from each parent. He or she may look normal at birth but within 1 - 2 years of life, will suffer from severe anaemia, which leads to poor growth and development as well as a shorter lifespan.

The affected person will need blood transfusion every month to sustain life. At present, a bone marrow transplant is the only hope of possible cure for thalassaemia major

How Is Thalassaemia Inherited?

If only one parent has thalassaemia minor, the following can occur:

• 50% chance of having a child with thalassaemia minor

• 50% chance of having a normal child

• None of the couple’s children will get thalassaemia major.

If both parents have thalassaemia minor, the following can occur:


• 25% chance of having a child with thalassaemia major

• 50% chance of having a child with thalassaemia minor

•25% chance of having a normal child

* ______________________________________________*

So far all I can say is that take care of our health carefully.

Now then I realised how important & precious my life is.

Sayang have been worried these days.

Before getting married or planning to have children, make sure go for check up first.